My Photo
Name:
Location: Osnabrueck, Lower Saxony, Germany

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Fiona

Message: 8433 From: Fiona Received: Sa Apr 23, 2005 6:05
Subject: Re: Teaching the way we learn
Hey Doc, you're being - um - tantalising..... Maybe rather than look at how you learnt, you could look at how you DIDN'T learn! I was a total loss at school - and if Sue is reading, I think this'll sound familiar, because I seem to remember her saying something similar. I was a loss because none of my teachers could 'reach' me. Oh for a Michelle Pfeiffer, Kevin Kline, Robin Williams......ahem. Or extremely few, apart from maybe one or two who took the relationship beyond Just Teach. Anyway, I now teach teenagers basing myself on how I was NEVER taught, but would like to have been. And it works. By gum (great phrase) it works! It involves a LOT of dogme, because that's what teens are about - themselves, and being listened to - but it also involved me looking back and spending a fair amount of time thinking about what kind of student I was NOT, how I DIDN'T learn. Like you say, there are many roads that lead to Rome, but the dead-ends have to be identified too. Fiona ------------

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity loans calculator

7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home